Otoplasty Forum & Group
To help those with ear deformity and their families better understand the problems, emotions involved, experiences, and possible options.
- Otoplasty Forum and General Ear Issues Feel free to talk about anything about Otoplasty Ear Surgery in this board.
- Reduction Otoplasty for Large Ears Board For discussion about large or big ears and Reduction Otoplasty Surgery concerns.
- Ear Reconstruction - Microtia or Congenital Small Ears Discussion For discussion about creating or enlarging an ear for those born with missing or small ears.
- Ear Reconstruction - Trauma or Cancer Discussion For discussion about Plastic Surgery to restore or rebuild an ear deformed by trauma or cancer.
- Revision Ear Surgery Discussion Board For discussions about options for Revision Otoplasty Surgery to address issues after prior operations on the ear.
Our Otoplasty Resources
Otoplasty Forum Introduction summarizers what is available here for our members and visitors.
Before and After Ear Surgery Picture Resource presents a large collection of problems and surgical solutions. How to take ear photos is particularly important for those posters who want to show their concerns with images. Also critical is how to evaluate photos of the ear to understand deformity and surgical solutions.
How to Choose Your Otoplasty Surgeon helps with selection issues, evaluating skills, and other factors in picking a surgeon for ear surgery.
This forum permits a dialogue for those with ear deformities to exchange experiences, share options, and explore skills of the various surgical sculptors. Defining details can help with fear of the unknown.
The Normal Ear
Just what defines a normal ear? There are many factors that comprise a Beautiful or Natural Ear. There can be a great deal of social pressure living with big or protruding ears. Ears that are different can be the source of much social embarrassment forcing those with such deformity to hide, camouflage, or just avoid social contact.
The Deformed Ear
comes in many forms. Different components of the ear may be the cause. Ears can:
- be misshapen,
- too large,
- too small,
- missing elements,
- or a combination of factors.
The problem can be something we are born with. It can be acquired through trauma or disease. Deformity can be the result of bad surgery or after intentional body modification.
Options depend on the e problem to be treated.